Our Terms & Conditions
1. The Company is insured in respect of its liability for accidents to its contractors and third party risk. The maximum amount insured is ten million pounds. The Company shall be liable for damage to the Customer’s property if such damage caused is proved to be directly from negligence of its servants, provided that in all cases, details in writing of all damages shall be sent to the Company’s office within forty-eight hours after the damage has been done. The Company shall not be responsible for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising from any breach or otherwise. The provisions shall not prejudice any rights of the Customer under section 2 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
2. Where applicable, this agreement is for a period of 12 months from the date of commencement of work, thereafter a minimum period of notice in writing of one month can be given. The contract shall continue thereafter from year to year until determined by either party giving to the other no less than one months notice in writing. Commencement of services provided by the Company deems full acceptance of all our Company’s Terms of Trading. This agreement is fully transferable to any successors of Maxim Facilities Management Ltd or those of the client company.
3. In the event of the Customer prior to the termination of this agreement moving to other premises or extending the premises to which this agreement relates or making any alteration in use of the premises or which increases the cost to the Company of carrying out its obligations hereunder, this agreement shall not be terminated but it shall be deemed to be appropriately amended as so altered and the price shall be adjusted accordingly.
4. Upon termination of this agreement however caused all charges outstanding to the Company prior to and at such termination shall remain payable in accordance with term 17.
5. No agent, employee or servant of the Company has the authority to vary in any way the terms of this agreement. If any variations are made in the terms of this agreement they shall be embodied in letters to be written by and between duly authorised officers of the Company and the Customers and such variations shall only, once agreed be deemed, to be incorporated in this agreement.
6. This agreement shall be suspended during any period of war, riot, strike, trade dispute or other cause beyond the control of the company; the work hereby contracted for is unable to be performed.
7. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure the services detailed and the areas covered are those required by the Customer.
8. The Company’s contractors will call as arranged to carry out specific work, statutory holidays, local holidays, Saturdays and Sundays excluded unless otherwise arranged, and a charge calculated and payable accordingly.
9. Water, power and safe storage of Company equipment is to be provided by the Customer free of charge. All our employees are instructed not to use Customers telephone without prior consent.
10. All claims for credit for work not carried out must be made to the Company’s office in writing within 14 days of the date of non-service. Otherwise the client will be deemed to have accepted that the work has been carried out to a full and satisfactory standard.
11. The Customer must inform the Company in writing, within 14 days of the event, of any shortfall in the standards of service. A period of 21 days will be allowed for the shortfall of standards of service to be rectified. No termination of this contract for sub standard work will be accepted unless the above process has been carried out.
12. The Company shall be entitled to raise charges by such amounts as will indemnify the Company as far as this agreement is concerned in respect of any increase in the amount payable by the Company for Value Added Tax or any other levy by any Government Department made upon the Company.
13. All invoices are payable 30 days from period end. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue accounts. The Company may [without prejudice to any other remedy it may have against the Customer] serve notice on the Customer that unless all sums due are paid within 30 days it will cancel the agreement, and if payment shall not be made in that time this agreement shall be treated as repudiated and determined by the Company who may recover damages accordingly.
14. The Company will maintain the agreed price for a period of twelve months from the date of this agreement.
15. It is the Company’s policy to give the greatest importance to the health and safety of its contractors. The Company considers this duty to be a management responsibility greater than that of any other function. It is also the Company’s policy to co-operate with Customers and prospective customers with the objective of providing for our contractors similar facilities on premises under Customer control, full details of our health and safety at work are available on request. Every effort must therefore be made by the Customer [where work is carried out under this agreement] to comply with all health and safety legislation.
16. In the event of any claim arising through any actions of any contractors of the Company where accidental or malicious, any claim must be made in writing within 14 days to the Company.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions
All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s)
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales